Friday, September 15, 2006
Not sure what to make of this
I've always been successful in other areas of my life, I'm educated (despite the typos I make), I speak more than one language, I've studied martial arts for years, I volunteer, I donate my time and money when I can, I worked at the corporate level with tats, piercings, integrity and dreadlocks, I have two retirement plans, stocks, own my home and car, travel... See, I'm doing great, right?
But when it comes to relationships I suck for lack of a better word. I haven't taken steps to accomplish my goals in other areas, but have been unsuccessful in dating; I've been "suck-successful" in my romantic relationships with men.
I set a pretty intense list of goals for myself in 2004 like paying off all credit cards, paying off my car, buygin my first home etc. And I did the ALL. (I've not that driven but I wanted to move on to another phase of my life and those goals helped me do so. )
My goal since the age of 32 years old has been to find the person for me. Sounds so, so, simple huh? Well, be careful of the things that sould simple, usually they aren't simple in any way except concept.
I didn't date until college and being young, inexperienced and naive, I made some mistakes.
After years of mistakes and at one point giving up dating for 12 yeras; I started picking better.
Of course, this makes dating both easier and harder. I no longer settle for less and it lessens the number of men I would date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment